Thursday, January 15, 2015

my five faves - CHA 2015 releases

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

That's right! The Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) Winter 2015 Mega Show just finished up a few days ago. This is where papercrafting companies release a ton of wonderful must-have-right-now new products.

These are my favourites (so far):

1. New Distress colour
We got some very exciting new from Tim Holtz! He will be releasing a new distress colour every month in every distress product. The first, Cracked Pistachio, is divine. I predict a beautiful purplely red for February....
Photo credit: Simon Says Stamp Blog
2. Beautiful paper collections
I cannot lie, I have a weakness for scrapbooking paper. I don't know if there's a trend from CHA this year -- it seems that watercolour is strong, school themes are being released now instead of in the summer, and vintage typewriters are everywhere. What I do know, however, is that there are some glorious beautiful new paper collections coming to my craft room soon. I expecially like these two collections:

Summer Red Raspberry Soup by Jillibean Soup is full of soft summer colours -- perfect for my family's annual strawberry picking outing!
Photo credti: Jillibean Soup
I am absolutely smitten by Citrus Bliss from Pink Paislee. With that beautiful yellow, shiny gold letters and pineapples, how could this not be perfect for summer.
Photo credit: Pink Paislee
3. New sprays
I have two favourite sprays right now: Prima's Color Bloom and Heidi Swapp's Color Shine. So it's pretty exciting to see that both companies have released new colours!

Prima has five new Color Blooms: berrywine, boysenberry, empress gold, yellow mustard and deep teal. As someone who loves all things purple, it surprised me that the deep teal was my favourite. It's so gorgous!
Photo credit: Prima Marketing
Heidi Swapp's new colours include tea, patina, salmon, butter, raspberry (which is gorgeous) and ocean. The light blue in ocean is super nice and on my must-have list!
Photo credit: Heidi Swapp
4. New Art Ingredient
Finnabair has released some new products to her amazing line of Art Ingredients. I'm really curious about the Mica Powder. It's a loose powder made from shiny mineral that you can add to water to create a shiny spray, or apply to a dry canvas and seal, or mix with gel medium to create a shimmery glaze or mix with modelling paste to create shiny glimmery texture. Lots of possibilities for creative play!
Photo credit: Prima Marketing
5. Too cute
GASP! These little vintage bottles from Tim Holtz are amaaaazingly cute!!!
Photo credit: May Flaum
This is only the tip of the iceberg of amazing products coming out of CHA this year. There are great collections from Shimelle, We R Memory Keepers (who knew they had paper?), Heidi Swapp, Echo Park, Fancy Pants, Simple Stories and the list goes on and on. There are also some amazing stencils and stamps from a bunch of companies too.

As you can see, I'll be busy shopping in the next few days. :-)

I would love to hear all about your new favourites.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment