Monday, September 1, 2014

my fives faves -- layouts from this summer

I had a great summer this year filled with trips and fun times with friends and family. We were busy -- in a good way -- which makes for a memorable summer. Of course, this means that I have lots to scrapbook in the next few months. It also means that I had less time to scrapbook.

I managed to finish 13 layouts, which I'm really happy about. Here are my five favourites, in no particular order.

1. Friends
I really admire how my friend Kiki Halbert distresses and layers papers on her layouts. She inspired me to do this layout of my son and his friend Gina.
Paper: My Family (Fancy Pants); Cardstock: Bo Bunny; Letters: American Crafts; Ink: Black Soot (Tim Holtz); Twine: Close to My Heart; Sprays: Black Marble Ink Spray (Dylusions), Black Magic Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels) & Bronzer Color Shine (Heidi Swapp); Medium: Liquid Glass (Close to My Heart)
2. Family Love
My daughter wore grey and black for her first communion. I found that The Story of Us collection from Simple Stories -- a wedding collection -- was perfect for the occasion. It had some black, grey, gold and lots of hearts.
Paper, title and sticker: The Story of Us (Simple Stories); Cardstock: Close to My Heart and Bo Bunny; Inspiration: Scrapbook Generation
3. At the Park
My friend Sylvie and I took our kids to the park during a long weekend. Her scrapbooking style is both simple & clean and playful. She knows how to combine patterns and colours like nobody else. Plus, she uses a lot of white space. In white no less! The Sweet Day collection form Echo Park gave me the opportunity to micmic her style a little. :-)
Paper: Sweet Day (Echo Park); Cardstock: American Crafts; Letters: Prima; Flower: Dear Lizzy Remarks (American Crafts); Enamel Dots: homemade; Inspiration: PageMaps
4. Friends in Art
The Beach Babe collection from Fancy Pants is one my all-time favourite collections. I love the combination of blues, pinks and oranges and got to use great embellishments here.
Paper and sticker: Beach Babe (Fancy Pants); Letters: Basic Grey; Ink: Ripe Persimmon (Tim Holtz); Spray: Squeezed Orange Ink Spray (Dylusions); Diamond Stickles; Buttons and dew drops: my stash; Inspiration: unknown
5. Apples!
My kids wanted to include this layout here because they loved the photos. I like the non-traditional blue for a fall layout -- it makes the orange pop, doesn't it?
Paper, title and stickers: Thankful (Bella Blvd.); Ink: Spiced Marmalade (Tim Holtz); Buttons and flowers: from my friends' stash; Inspiration: PageMaps
I have hundreds of layouts waiting to be scrapbooked. And, since some are predicted the Ottawa area will be hit with a long cold winter (again!), I know what will keep me busy.

Happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment