Friday, January 3, 2014

my five faves - my favourite layouts of 2013

I challenged myself in 2013 to create one-page layouts with the number of photos based on the month, e.g., a one-photo layout for January, 2 photos for February, 3 for March, up to 12 photos on one page for December. 

I completed 115 one-page layouts in 2013. It wasn't easy. I missed the two-page layouts and the big pictures. This challenge took up all of my time, but I did manage to step out of my comfort zone.

Here are my five favourite layouts from the challenge.

1. bubbles (August challenge - 8 photos)
I love the textures here and all of that teal.
Paper: 9th Wave (7 Dots); Doilies: Bo Bunny; Modelling Paste: Liquitex; Letters: American Crafts; Paint: Cinnamon (Silks); Ink: Peacock Feathers (Tim Holtz); Sprays: Campso Teal (Dylusions), Tropicana Teal (Heidi Swapp Color Shine), Honor Society (Mister Huey); mask: unknown; Inspiration: blushbutter 
2. 10 years (October challenge - 10 photos)
This layout won't win me any awards, but it is dear to my heart so I had to add to this list! 
Paper: Pemberley (Close to My Heart); Letters: American Crafts; Stain: Broken China (Tim Holtz); buttons: my stash; Spray: Hydrangea Blue (Lindy's Stamp Gang)
3. the magic of the season (January challenge - 1 photo)
The one-photo challenge was perfect to highlight this great picture of my daughter and Santa.
Paper, flowers, bling & borders: Christmas Cottage (Teresa Collins); inspiration: Michiko Kato (American Crafts)
4. Sortie au musée (April challenge - 4 photos)
I didn't think I could use small photos on a layout, but the April challenge proved me wrong. Love the way this one turned out!
Paper: On the Bright Side (My Mind's Eye); Letters: American Crafts; cardstock & washi tape: my stash; stars: Pink Paislee; Sprays: Tinsel (Heidi Swapp Color Shine); paint: American Crafts; inspiration: Valerie Salmon (Basic Grey)
5. my berrylicious family (June challenge - 6 photos)
Strawberry picking has become a family tradition on Canada Day (which is also my birthday). I love this layout because of the great photos of a great day.
Paper: Vintage Summer (Little Yellow Bicycle); Letters: Prima; Stain: Barn Door (Tim Holtz); flowers, buttons, twine & pins: my stash; inspiration: Sketch Support
Honourable Mention: me & the mini (March challenge - 3 photos)
I've gotten very positive feedback on this layout and, even though it's not my top five, I had to include it here.
Paper, buttons, trinkets, flowers, chipbaord & letters: Prairie Chic and  C'est la vie (Bo Bunny); Cardstock: Close to My Heart; inspiration: Jodi Sanford (Fancy Pants)
It was an interesting year and now I'm back to two-page layouts, which has become a challenge in itself!

Happy crafting!

3 comments: