Sunday, January 12, 2014

my five faves -- CHA 2014 sneak peeks

It's the most wonderful -- and expensive -- time of the year! Yes, the 2014 Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) show is on right now.

There are so many beautiful scrapbooking products released during CHA -- it's a little dizzying. I'm seeing a lot of watercolour and typewriters. And wonderfully awesome collections, of course! It's like the scrapbooking companies are reading my mind!

1. As You Wish (Fancy Pants)
Those pink flowers got me, but I'm also loving the green, Tiffany blue, navy and GOLD FOIL PAPER. GOLD! FOIL! GASP!

2. Dear Lizzy Daydreamer (American Crafts)
I fell in love with this collection the second I saw the sneak peek. I was really drawn to the softness of it. I think it would work well with spring, summer and everyday-moments-with-my-kids layouts. 

2. Summer (American Crafts)
Last year, I went a little crazy over the My Girl collection from American Crafts. I had ignored this company for a while (except for their amazing Thickers, of course), but that collection just spoke to me. Now, I see at CHA they two collections that I really want. This one is bright and fun and makes me miss summer.
4. New layering stencils (Tim Holtz)
I'll be honest -- I didn't jump on the Tim Holtz' layering stencils when they were released last year. They seem to work well with the distress inks, stains and paints, but I'm not sure how they'll do with sprays and modelling paste. They're cool, but a lot of these patterns can be found elsewhere. Until I saw this doily stencil. I couldn't resist it and now I'm curious to see what it can do.
5. Pen Pals (Pink Paislee)
I've saved the best for last -- the Pen Pals collection from Pink Paislee. I love the combination pink, blue and red and I think this collection can be used on a ton of different layouts. Those typewriters take me back to my days in journalism school (and that makes me happy). Love everything about this one!
Pen Pals (Pink Paislee)
I've ordered/pre-ordered my five faves. I can't wait to get my hands on them and start playing! Hopefully, I won't have any more faves coming out of CHA (not likely, but here's to hoping!).

No comments:

Post a Comment