Monday, July 22, 2013

my five faves - cha summer 2013 sneak peaks

I have been drooling over the photos the vendors have been posting on Facebook as they set up their booths for CHA Summer 2013 (aka Create-N-Connect). I wish I were there! You can also feel their excitement. And it's only just begun!

The Christmas lines this year are outstanding. I'm also seeing gold is still a trend for Christmas. But the biggest trend seems to be chalkboard. I've seen it in collections from American Crafts, Authentique, Elle's Studio, Graphic 45, Heidi Swapp, Little Yellow Bicycle, My Mind's Eye, Prima, Simple Stories, Studio Calico, and Teresa Collins. Not sure if I would use this trend in my layouts, but it's interesting.

I did find 5 new products that are must-haves. I'm sure my favourite scrapbooking companies will release more new products this week, but for now this is what I love.

1. 9th Wave (7 Dots Studio)

Anna Dabrowska (Finnabair) designed a new collection, 9th Wave, for 7 Dots Studio. On her blog, Anna says she was inspired by "...ocean, seas -- beautiful, clear water, sandy beaches, underwater views... but also strong waves and stormy sky -- something for almost everyone, I hope!" I love the blues and teals and purply pinks.

Photo credit: 7 Dots Studio
2. Color Wash (Pink Paislee)

I love the soft watercolour effect in this new collection by Pink Paislee. Color Wash will be perfect for my girl!

Color Wash - 12x12 Paper Pad (3 pcs)
Photo credit: Pink Paislee
3. Noel (SEI)

I really like the Silver & Gold collection by Bo Bunny for Christmas layouts and cards. But I loooooove the Noel collection by SEI. The papers are gorgeous with glitter, silver foil and pewter accents. The colours are so rich and perfect for Christmas.
Photo credit: SEI

4. New Color Shine (Heidi Swapp)

Heidi Swapp has released a few collections for CHA Summer 2013, but I have my eyes on the new Color Shines. We all have sprays and mists (and I may have more than a few....), but I love the Colour Shine for how it works with wood, how it sprays and the amazing shine you get. I have my eyes on the Sea Foam, Blush and Navy.
Photo credit: Heidi Swapp
5. Layered Stencils Tim Holtz

Great stencils in a tag format (what else would expect from Tim?) that you can attach together with a basic book ring. This set is my favourite. Can you imagine the possibilities?
stencil3
Photo credit: Tim Holtz
I can't wait to see what's coming next!


Find more scrap happiness at mamanhall.blogspot.ca or follow me on Twitter @mamanhall.

No comments:

Post a Comment