Friday, October 5, 2012

my five faves -- crop & create

Last weekend, I was at Crop & Create. This is a great event filled with scrapbooking, classes, laughter and sweets. What more could a girl ask for?

Here are my five favourite things from that weekend.

1. New friends.

I got to hang out with Lorena and Kiki. Both are super talented and I was so inspired by their creativity. Plus, they were so generous with their advice and time. And we had a blast. I can't to scrap with these two crazy zany ladies again!!
There's no way we can be called angels!
2. Tissue paper

You read that right. Tissue paper. I worked with tissue paper in Vicki Boutin's Technique Savvy workshop. We misted it, stamped it, and used Decou-Page to adhere to a chipboard tag. It's delicate and must be handled carefully, but the results are cool!
This tissue paper was misted with Heidi Swapp's Color Shine and stamped with a script.
Here are the almost-finished tags with my cool tissue paper.
I made this!
3. Heidi Swapp's Color Shine

I tried Heidi Swapp's new Color Shine in Vicki Boutin's class. The shimmer on this mist was like nothing I've seen before. I ended up buying this beautiful purple. And a bright red called Sweet Cherry. And a pink called Primrose.
Nice colour! But I want them all!!!
4. Kelly Purkey

I love her blog. I love her stamps. I love her.

At Crop & Create, not only did I get to meet Kelly Purkey, I was lucky enough to take two of her classes and spent some time chatting with her. She is simply lovely. She introduced me to Studio Calico's Mister Huey Color Mists and showed me how to use stickers and wood veneer embellies as masks when misting. She was generous with her time and talents, so much fun and, like I said, simply lovely. 
Me and KP
I bought one of her stamps "happiness right here" because, if you didn't already guess from this picture, that's exactly how I felt.

5. I won a prize!
The folks at Crop & Create were really generous. We all received a goodie bag chock full of awesome scrapbooking supplies. Every class included a class kit and there were tons of products from Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey, Maya Road and more leftover that I will definitely use.
And we received these totally adorable handmade clay embellishments by Stephanie Hart of My Little Bit of Whimsy. So cute!!
How did they know I loved purple?
And I won a prize! I got a burlap mini-album from Maya Road. As Kelly Purkey said, this is perfect for misting!
WOOOOOOOT!
Have a great weekend!

1 comments: