Thursday, October 18, 2012

1-year anniversary

I launched this blog one year ago with these hands where I tried to introduce you to me and my adventures with this little hobby I love called scrapbooking.

I started this blog because I wanted to write more. I've been writing and scribbling and doodling words all my life. I haven't put pen to paper in a long time and I miss creative writing. Blogs don't give the same creative energy that writing poetry or short stories do, but blogging allows me to write. I've tried to write in a conversational style and my friends tell me this blog is "very me."

That is totally awesome.

I also wanted to be a part of the scrapbooking community. I love reading other blogs and commenting on layouts and projects. I wanted to share all of these great online finds with you and, a few weeks after I launched this blog, I started a regular post called the "saturday special." It kept the content fresh and allowed me to share all of the cool things I kept finding in the blogosphere. The saturday special recently migrated to Auntie Em's blog and was renamed "Nat Noted." I hope you still like it as much as I love writing it.

The best thing about being part of this wonderful scrapbooking community was getting comments from scrapbookers from around the world. Those comments made my day every single time!

In the year since I started this blog, I've been to five crops, attended eight classes and made too many scrapbooking pages to count. It's been a great year and I feel very lucky to have shared it with you.

My goal was to reach 5,000 pageviews by today. I'm now at 5,189. I can't thank you enough for being a part of my scrapbooking world.

What's next? Well, I thought I'd give myself five lofty goals for the next year:

1. Art journaling - I've dabbled in this world and it's very cool and a little intimidating. Which is why I have to do more.
2. Use what I have - As I type this, I am overrun by supplies. I want to use my evergrowing stash of scrapbooking goodies, I just need to find time to scrapbook and play with my supplies.
3. Classes - I get nervous before each and every scrapbooking class and come out of each and every one surprised and delighted. I need to take more classes to learn more techniques, meet new scrapbookers and get more confidence.
4. Challenges - I know I'm not the best scrapbooker out there. My pages aren't on trend. My favourite technique is to cut paper and glue it to other paper. I can't coordinate colours to save my life. So you can imagine how challenges are a little intimidating for me. I need to take challenges to push me out of my comfort zone.
5. Creative Confidence - Get it. Hold on tight. And flaunt it.

Bonus goal: Keep blogging.

1 comments:

  1. you didn't mention the few retreats that you've been on.that very first one where you didn't know anyone.
    i think you can do each and every one of these no problem.when you set your mind to do something,you just do it.i've enjoyed seeing the "evolution"of your work.i've been lucky enough to scrapbook w you for a few years,and the pages that you do now,compared to a few years,heck even last year are so different.you can see that you are more artistic and have challenged yourself.Love your work!
    Happy Blogiversary!!I knew you would get to 5000,cos that's how you roll!

    ReplyDelete