Saturday, September 8, 2012

saturday special - september 8

Here we are full into September. The kids are excited to be back at school while we are settling into a homework routine. Scout meetings starts next week. Yup, it's fall!

I found quite a few great posts and projects that I had to share with you.

1. Nicole Seitler has a great post on art journalling on a budget. Nice tips here!

2. May Flaum made a great card for a challenge by Simon Says Stamp and Show. Lots of great stamping techniques to love. 
Photo credit: May Flaum
3. Great straw badges from Amy Peterman at Fancy Pants.
StrawBadges
Photo credit: Amy Peterman (MIss Fancy Pants)
4. I haven't touched my first art journal since the Anna Dabrowska class in July. But I'm planning to try using Dylusions, stamping with water, and applying gesso to a stencil. Nathalie Kelbach has a fantstic post on gesso. Love the texture on this page.
Photo credit: Nathalie Kelbach (Nathalie's Studio)
 5. Pantone announced colour trends for Spring 2013. Anything with purple in it is good for me, but I am drawn to Grayed Shade, Monaco Blue and Nectarine. Which are your favourties?
Pantone Spring 2013 color forecast

6. Summer Fullerton made this super cute Hallowe'en card using Jillibean Soup.
Halloween-CARD-JBS
Photo credit: Summer Fullerton (so there i was...)
 7. I love the layering and distressing on this beautiful layout by Mandysea. 
Image
Photo credit: Mandysea (A Teacup of Scrapisms)

 8. As much as I love Tim Holtz I haven't really been following the 12 Tas of 201. But I really love how he transformed foil tape to make it look like metal. So cool! The instructions are wonderful too.
Photo caption: Tim Holtz
 I hope you have a great week!

1 comments:

  1. loved the article on art journalling on a budget.it's so true that most of us do have the materials at home.i've used quite a few things from my son,
    thanks again for starting my Sat off right!

    ReplyDelete