Saturday, September 15, 2012

saturday special - september 15

We went apple picking today. The weather was perfect and the kids had so much fun. We also have 33 lbs of apples. More importantly, I have over 33 really good photos of today's adventure. You know what that means!

I've perused the blogosphere for you and found 5 awesome things -- 5 is my lucky number so this seems more than perfect to me.

1. I am very intrigued by Project Life. You can read all about Project Life on Becky Higgins blog. Julie Fei-Fan Balzer wrote a great post on her experience with Project Life -- basically she loves it and it's a burden. I also love how she documents her process.
Ring-wm
Photo credit: Julie Fei-Fan Balzer (Balzer Design)
2. Although the air is crisp, I find it's a little too early to think about Christmas. That is until I saw this fabulous collection, Norland, by Farmhouse Paper Company.
Photo credit: Farmhouse Paper Company
3. Donna Downey's art brush project continues. They're all spectacular, but I really love this purple one.
Elaine greaves brush-
Photo credit: Elaine Graeves (Donna Downey - simply me)
4. The best use of washi tape (so far).
Just Make Stuff Blog...Washi Tape Tealights
Photo credit: Nora (just make stuff)
5. Shimelle Laine is a great scrapbooker & blogger. She also goes by the name Glitter Girl so you gotta love her. This week, she posted 10 Things I Have Learned from Scrapbooking. I couldn't have written a better list myself. My favourite is:

 My favourite technique is cut this paper and glue it to that other paper.

Awesome!!! Check out the rest of her list of her wonderfully named blog pretty paper. true stories. (and scrapbooking classes with cupcakes). I've read the list twice now and it's just lovely.

I hope you have a fantastic week!

1 comments:

  1. too funny!that brush you chose is also my fave one :) great minds.
    had read Shimelle's list and loved it.#1 may be the best one..
    washi tape on tea lights,insanely cool!
    keep on listing xo

    ReplyDelete