Saturday, September 1, 2012

make it a double saturday special -- september 1

I was away on vacation last weekend. It was lovely and we had a great time together.

I just finished reading over 600 blog posts and found seven wonderful things I know you will love. Enjoy!

1. Julie Fei-Fan Balzer wished her husband a happy birthday by showing all the layouts she did of him. What a beautiful tribute! As a bonus, I absolutely love this layout!!
WithThisRingITheeWed-wm
Photo credit: Julie Fei-Fan Balzer (Balzer Designs)
2. I love Irene Tan and I love how she distressed the edges of her paper with a hole punch. Cool idea!
Photo credit: Irene Tan (Bo Bunny)

3, Donna Downey is showcasing altered brushes on her blog. Neat! I really like this one.
Ann Marie Merlino & Paula Williamson-
Photo credit:  Ann Marie Merlino & Paula Williamson (Donna Downey - Simply Me)
4. Debbie Hodge from Get It Scrapped! has an entire post dedicated to scrapbooking with the colour yellow. I love yellow as the dominant colour on a page or as an accent colour so I totally enjoyed this post.
Photo credit: Get It Scrapped!

5. Nic Howard made amazing masculine tags using mixed media. Love the before and after!
Mixed media tag Nic Howard 1
Photo credit: Nic Howard (it's been one of those days...)
6. Melissa Stinson aka The Scrappy Jedi went to Ikea looking for scrapbooking storage ideas. I loved this post so much I went to Ikea and picked up the three-tiered glass stand, but I am trying to get my hands on this.
Thing of beauty, ain't it?
7. I am still on a Finnabair high after taking an art journal with the artist herself. Anna Dabrowska posted a sweet Prima layout, as she calls it. I love how she can make a layout look both feminine and grungy.

Photo credit: Anna Dabrowska (Finnabair)
My kids went back to school on August 28th. I can't believe my baby is starting Grade 1 and my son is now in Grade 4. I'm so proud of them and I love how they love each other.

Have a wonderful week!

1 comments:

  1. read a few of these myself and was wondering which you would mention,lol.i knew you would post the Amy Tan one,that hole punch idea is a genius idea that I am going to try.
    I also thought you would post Anna Dabrouska's layout.It's gorgeous!!
    keep up the awesome Sat posts,LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete