Monday, September 24, 2012

a retirement card

I went to a great party for a former colleague who retired after 35 years in the public service. He was an awesome photographer and I thought he would appreciate a handmade card.

I found this card by Andrea Budjack who used American Crafts products to create something bright and cheery and whimsical.
Photo credit: Andrea Budjack (Creative Paper Trail)
I wanted to use Andrea's design with me masculine colours and this is what I came up with. The card is 3x3".
I was able to dig deep in my stash to find papers I hadn't used in years, which was a good thing. My son helped me make this card and he thought it was cool. The retiree loved it. I think it's ok.

I have a second retirement card to make. Can't wait to get started on that one!

1 comments:

  1. i think it turned out great.Can't wait to see the upcoming one.

    ReplyDelete