Monday, August 20, 2012

the super late saturday special -- august 18

I blame summer. And weekends filled with fun and sun and my kids laughing. And scrapbooking. ;-)

A few fun things online this week (and a bit). I hope you enjoy these!!

1. Love this idea for storing dies. 
Photo credit: Sue Sykes (Canadian Scrapbooker)

2. I love May Flaum and how she plays with different techniques. When she was asked to use her favourite technique by Simon Says Stamps & Show, she wanted to share her "happy accident" of making droplets with Dylusions.   
Photo credit: May Flaum
3. I store my pins in an old foam square that used to house brads. It's okay, but this idea is way better. The tutorial is great too.
IMG_7068-copy
Photo credit: Keisha Campbell (A Bit of East Coast)
4. I just adore this altered shadow box by Julia Stainton.
Photo credit: Julia Stainton (Belle Papier)
5. Whenever I see pictures of someone's scrapbooking room online, it's always way too clean. C'mon, be honest: what does your scrap space look like right now? Mine is a controlled mess. But this is a scraproom I can relate to -- I love its energy and chaos. And yes, it's tidier than my space, but I still want to scrap there....
Photo credit: Stacey Young
6. I've started receiving a few products from CHA, including My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Halloween collection. I love the soft orange and the glitter in this collection and can't wait to use it. But I LOVE how Suzanne Sergi used the collection to create a birthday card. How cool!
Download
Photo credit: Suzanne Sergi (My Mind's Eye)
7. Wendy Vecchi shared a great tutorial to create a distressed dimensional art tag. I know it's a mouthful, but the techniques are super extra cool.
Photo credit: Wendy Vecchi (Studio 490)
8. I love buttons. I love misting. I love sunshine rays on layouts. When all three come together, I just want to stop blogging and mist away.
Photo credit: Corrie (You, Me & Crazy)
9. This post would not be complete without another great layout from Irene Tan. I love the soft colours combined with the strong orange. Or is that coral? Either way, it's so beautiful!
Photo credit: Irene Tan (Scrapperlicious)
I am on a family vacation next Saturday so I'll have to make it a double saturday special on the last weekend in August.

See you soon!

1 comments:

  1. that Irene Tan layout made it click in that I might have missed your post!
    Scrapbook room,wow.The fun colour cheerful yellow,how could you not create?Donna Downey calls yellow,her new "happy place".
    kay,everything about this blog,is Divafied!!

    ReplyDelete