Monday, June 25, 2012

summer challenge - week 3

The summer challenge continues! My progress so far:
  • Goal: 50 pages
  • Week 1: 10 pages
  • Week 2: 2 pages
  • Week 3: 8 pages
  • Total: 20 pages
  • Left: 30 pages!!
 I made this page over a couple of evenings this week. I had been "saving" this collection -- Bo Bunny's Petal Pushers collection -- but decided to just go for it.
run!
Paper: Petal Pushers (Bo Bunny)
Cardstock: Close to My Heart
Fabric Letters: Hello (Amy Tangerine Thickers)
Chipboard & Sticker: Petal Pushers (Bo Bunny)
Stickles: Crystal
Ric Rac: from my stash
Distress Ink: Bundled Sage (Tim Holtz)

I managed to finish three layouts at a crop hosted by Scrap en masse. This was a great crop!! There were amazing doors prizes -- I got five ribbons. Super amazing draws -- Sarah won a ribbon holder and Sylvie won two Tim Holtz storage cases. Great food. Poutine. The divas laughed so hard and we created lovely layouts and we even got free popsicles!

I think it's safe to say that Diva Nation took over Alfred. But you already knew that. ;-)
Diva Nation
The Honourary Diva: Josée Lalonde (Scrap en masse)
The Storky Diva: Kathleeen (Kitty's Crafting Corner)
The Naughty Diva: that's me! 
The Kickass Diva: Sarah (Handwritten Memories)
The Crazy Good Diva: Diane
The Diva Without a Name: Sylvie
Missing from this photo: Andréanne
I finished three layouts at the crop so it wasn't a super productive day, but I'm really happy with these.

The first is of my daughter playing in our backyard last summer. Love how she plays with abandon.
Play Out Loud
Paper: Fort Lauderdale (Basic Grey)
Cardstock: from my stash
Matte Puffy Letters: Splendid (Dear Lizzy Thickers)
Flowers: Prima
brads: Swimming Pool (Doodlebug)
ribbon: from my stash
The second layout is of my son eating s'mores at the cottage we rented last summer near Peterborough. He couldn't wait to make and eat s'mores. I couldn't resist scrapbooking this big moment! I also decided this was the time to embrace confetti. It's a newish trend and very painstaking, but I think the effect is super cool. The trouble is I want to add more....even after all that work!!
s'mores!
Paper: Barefoot & Bliss (Bo Bunny)
Cardstock: from my stash
Letters: Boiled Blue (Jillibean Soup)
Soft Spoken Stickers: Ellen's Summer Camp (Me & My Big Ideas)
Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs (Tim Holtz)
Hemp Rope: Hemptique
Border Punches: EK Success and Martha Stewart
I took over 900 pictures at that cottage and there were tons of cute pictures of my son. When I sorted them, I immediately thought of the title "cute cottager."
cute cottager
Paper: Head of the Class (Little Yellow Bicycle) and Fort Lauderdale (Basic Grey)
Cardstock: from my stash
Letters: Boiled Blue (Jillibean Soup)
Chipboard Stars: Close to My Heart
Glimmer Mist: Sea Glass (Tattered Angels)
Twine: Close to My Heart
Border Punch: EK Success
I started a fourth layout at the crop and I'm hoping to finish at least one this week. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

  1. 3 layouts on Saturday,that was more productive than my 5 mini album pages.Maybe we needed music or fans to get us going.Or maybe having a certain scrapbook store,that shall remain nameless*cough*scrap-en-masse*cough so close to us,might have also been a distraction!
    beautifully cute layouts,love that you've taken on the confetti phenomenon,i've been contemplating over it and i figure i'm just too lazy!!

    ReplyDelete