Sunday, June 24, 2012

saturday special on sunday - june 23/24

So it's Sunday afternoon and I am just sending out this week's saturday special.

On Sunday.

I blame a crazy week, a three-day heatwave, a dead modem and prepping for a fantastic crop on Saturday. It's summer so I say no worries!

The blogs were full of great ideas and here a few that I had to share with you.

1. Don't you just love this wedding anniversary card that Natasha Naranjo Aguirre made for Donna Salazar and her hubby Danny? I love how it has both girlie and masculine elements.
Photo credit: Natasha Naranjo Aguirre (A Painterlady's View)
2. Nathalie Kelbach says that colours are my friends. With this post, she's pretty close to convincing me. Her series of colour theories is super cool and worth a read. Love the colour palette she used on this layout.
Photo credit: Nathalie Kelbach (n*studio)
3. Swoon! I love this heart.
IMG_3273
Photo credit: Birgit Koopsen (Everything in Life is Scrapable)

4. Great birthday card by Leanne Pearce.
Photo credit: Leanne Pearce (Basic Grey)
5. May Flaum teaches us how to layer inks -- specifically, archival ink, two distress inks and dylusions -- on glossy cardstock. Great video tutorial (I love her inky fingers!).
Photo credit: May Flaum
6. Great mini-album with a wonderful title by Melissa Mann at American Crafts.
Cover
Photo credit: Melissa Mann (American Crafts)
 7. Love the monochromatic palette on this cute layout by Irene Tan.
Photo credit: Irene Tan (Scrapperlicious)

8. It's twine time at My Mind's Eye! And high time, I say!! Check out this amazing layout by Anam Stubbington. I love the great title made of twine wrapped around wire and the heart. Wow!!!!
Mme2012_layout_33_family
Photo credit: Anam Stubbington (My Mind's Eye)

Finally. This is my new motto.
Photo credit: Heather's Hints of Happiness
Here's hoping for calm and crafts and sunshine this week!




1 comments: