Saturday, June 30, 2012

saturday special - june 30

School's out. June is almost over. It's the Canada Day weekend. These are my cues that summer is officially here!

Canada Day also marks my birthday. At my age, it's not that much fun to say how old I am, but I've decided to use my birthday as an excuse to spend time with my friends and family. This is the only way to celebrate anything really!!

The blogs are gearing up for CHA Summer. I'm kind of in denial because I still haven't recovered from CHA Winter yet. I suspect the prep for CHA and the Lily Bee blog hops and summertime are the cause of a bit of downtime online. There were still a few cool things out there that I really wanted to share with you.

1. Scrapbook Update has a great list all of the new CHA Summer 2012 releases. So far, I really love these.
All Hallow's Eve (Carta Bella)

Lively (Authentique)

2. Lily Bee Design has a new blog! I like this collection because it's fun and fresh and lovely and wonderful, but it's really hard to find in the stores.
Photo credit: Lily Bee Design
3. I love this post by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and her "Five Truths." No. 1 is inky fingers. LOVE IT!
Julie-paintyfingers-wm
Photo credit: Balzer Designs

4. Lisa Storms at Basic Grey created this super cute hot air balloon centerpiece using the wonderful pb&j collection.
Photo credit: Basic Grey

5. Aly Dosdall decorated storage containers using Bo Bunny's Alora collection. I love how bright and cheery these are and how they would look totally awesome at work!!!! 
image
Photo credit: Aly Dosdall (Scrapbook & Cards Today)
I'm on holidays this week and hope to finish a few projects.

Have fun being creative!

1 comments:

  1. ah,a saturday ritual,checking in w you to see what I missed,and once again,fab finds!
    love the lilybean design,persnickety,ahh all those blues are talking to me,but as you mentioned,i don't recall seeing them before.
    inky hands,lol,that's me!
    as for the storage containers,what a great craft idea to do w the kids on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete