Saturday, June 2, 2012

saturday special - june 2

Hello June! And welcome summer!!

This weekend, we are celebrating my daughter's 6th birthday. She's all smiles and so proud to be such a big girl now. I think she's just so lovely.

A few things happening in my world and online world this week.

1. Crop & Create is coming to Ottawa on September 28-29, 2012! WOOOOOT! I'm pretty excited that it's coming to Ottawa and that Vicki Boutin, Kelly Goree and Kelly Purkey will be teaching some awesome classes. Between you and me, I really enjoy taking scrapbooking classes because I always end up surprising myself.

Registration starts on June 5th at 8:00 p.m. Check out all the deets on this web page

image
Photo credit: Scrapbook & Cards Today
2. My friend Diane aka The Crazy Good Diva aka The Last Diva Standing has challenged the divas to a summer challenge: Make 60 layouts between June 1st and August 31st and give yourself a gift. I'm going for it because I want the Crop-a-Dile Big Bite from We R Memory Keepers.
3. I love this card by Joy Taylor at Basic Grey. It's simple but kinda cool, don't you think? Bonus: there's a video tutorial to show you to make it. And that's super cool.
Photo credit: Basic Grey
3. Debbie Hodge blogged about the four things that ground a layout -- alignment, grouping, layering and repitition . I always enjoy reading about the basics because they are a good refresher to ground me.
Super cool layout by Sara Gleason to show alignment.
Photo credit: Get It Scrapped!
4. Irene Tan made a stunning gift for a teacher. Great video tutorial too!
Photo credit: Irene Tan (Scrapperlicious)
5. Here is a great layout by Irene Tan called "Happy Song." She really is one of my favourite designers.
Photo credit: Irene Tan (Scrapperlicious)
6. Patricia Komara made beautiful round cards. Check out the great colours she used on this card.
Photo credit: Patricia Komara (Komara Designs)
7. Erin, one of the Scrappin' Sisters, made this beautiful card -- just in time for Father's Day!
Photo credit: Erin (Scrappin' Sisters)
Wishing you a lovely week!









1 comments: