Saturday, June 16, 2012

saturday special - june 16

When things get crazy, I take time -- even if it's just a few minutes -- to really listen to my kids. Their intensity and joy and curiosity is a good remedy to restore my sanity. Plus, they're so darn funny (sometimes without even trying)!

Scrapbooking also ranks pretty high as a great way to refocus myself. This includes creating layouts, sharing projects/ideas/chatter with the divas, organizing supplies and finding totally awesome scrapbooking-related things online.

Here's this week's crop of great online finds.

1. Tim Holtz' Summer Distress Inks are here! I had predicted he would have these colours: blue skies, fresh cut grass and watermelon. The real colours are: Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Picked Raspberry. I was pretty close! Don't you just love these bright colours? I can't wait to get my hands on these and the reinkers!!
2. On her blog, Ali Edwards gave her summer manifesto and asked for others to share theirs. Mine is:
  • Play outside.
  • Make lemonade.
  • Read 3 books.
  • Wear a pretty dress.
  • Try a great salad every week. 
Here is how Ali Edwards brought her manifesto to life. This is so cool!
Photo credit: Ali Edwards
3. Jennifer Beason at Basic Grey made a rocket that is sure to be the coolest thing in any boy's room. Heck, even I want one!
Photo credit: Jennifer Beason (Basic Grey)
4. Nicole Samuels at Basic Grey noticed a new trend: stripes on white. I think this is very nautical and very summery. I love how she interpreted this trend on her layout.
Photo credit: Nicole Samuels (Basic Grey)
5. May Flaum uses textured foil as a background for some pretty amazing tags.
Photo credit: May Flaum
6. I love banners, but I haven't had the chutzpah to add them to my layouts. Yet. Get It Scrapped! has some great ideas for using banners, including swoops, vertical lines and titles. Clustering them is a SUPER cool idea.
Phoro credit: Jana Morton (Get It Scrapped!)
7. Vicki Chrisman used the Wave Searcher collection by Fancy Pants to create a patio gift set. This project is so good it's making me a little crazy. I love the colours. I love how innovative this is -- check out the salt & pepper shakers decorated with a transparency!!! I love that this screams summer. But I hate the fact that I could never make one because I would totally keep it for myself. ;-)
Vicki Product spotlight june 13 1
Photo credit: Vicki Chrisman (Miss Fancy Pants)
8. This list would not be complete with at least one project from Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious. I love how she's used a neutral palette for a girl's layout while managing to make it girlie.
Photo credit: Irene Tan (Scrapperlicious)
I hope you have a great week to enjoy the summer weather!

1 comments:

  1. i also fell in love w the new distress ink,such fun bright colours.Maybe he got the idea from you,since,you know,you're so in tune w his karma!!lol.
    as for the rocket,oh man,my son would have loved it and I might have even attempted to make it w him.
    great ideas on your list.
    knew that i would see this irene tan lay-out on this week's list,i myself,pinterested it!GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete