Saturday, May 5, 2012

saturday special - may 5

Happy National Scrapbook Day!
Nsd_sct_logo
Photo credit: Vicki Boutin
The blogosphere has been a little quiet this week. I think everyone is gearing up for National Scrapbook Day. I did!

I am celebrating NSD with my scrapbooking divas at a class with Cari Fennell at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking. We're making this beautiful canvas album.


I can't wait to tell you all about!! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy what I found online this week.

1. Julia Stainton made some beautiful flowers for mom.
Photo credit: Julia Stainton (Belle Papier)

2. I love the purple and orange in this tag by Linda Cain.

Photo credit: Linda Cain (Friends in Art)
3. Debbie Hodge from Get It Scrapped! has some great tips on using big titles in your layouts. I really love the title here! 
Photo credit: Get It Scrapped!
4. May Flaum has a great way to organize her fantastic collection of washi tape.  
Photo credti: May Flaum
5. Irene Tan created a beautiful mini-album using Bo Bunny's Et Cetera collection. I love how she's used this vintage collection and made it girlie and soft for her daughter. 
Photo credit: Irene Tan (Scrapperlicious)
 6. Pink Paislee has a great tutorial on making tissue flowers.
Photo credit: Pink Paislee
7. Echo Park announced the launch of its sister company, Carta Bella Paper Company. The new company's first collection, Beautiful Moments, is very different from EP's  Park’s bright and graphic lines.
Photo credti: Carta Bella Paper Company

8. Finally, on this National Scrapbook Day, I wanted to share with you the top reasons why I scrapbook.

To tell my family's story.

To express myself creatively through photography, paper crafting and storytelling.

To relax, have fun and play.

To be part of a great community of women.

Have a wonderful week!




2 comments:

  1. yes,i agree,we are a great community of women!lol.
    once again another great post overflowing w ideas/inspiration.I look forward to these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Last Diva Standing! You are so kind to share your finds with us - which does inspire me! thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete