Saturday, May 26, 2012

saturday special - may 26

"Is it summer yet?" my son asked. My answer: "It feels like summer so let's enjoy it!"

We have been enjoying beautiful sunny days that I wish could go on forever. It does mean there's a little less time for scrapbooking -- but I always find time!

The blogosphere was a little quiet, but I found some really beautiful projects online that I think you'll just love.

1. Julia Stainton from Belle Papier made a beautiful card using layers and what she calls "seamless stamping." Wow!
Photo credit: Julia Stainton (Belle Papier)
2. Irene Tan altered a dollhouse stove with Bo Bunny's Country Garden collection. Absolutely amazingly beautiful.
user posted image
Photo credit: Bo Bunny
3. Jennifer McGuire used Copics to colour my new favourite -- wood veneer embellies. These embellishments also take Glimmer Mists, Distress Ink, stamping, Smooch and anything you throw at them. Jennifer used her embellies on some great cards. I love this one.
Photo credit: Jennifer McGuire Ink
4. Rose from Mokacrafts posted this super cute 3D paper apple she found on Krafting Kreations. I have to make this!!!
Photo credit: Krafting Kreations
5. I was super lucky to take a class with Cari Fennell on National Scrapbook Day. Instead of coming back to Canada, Cari made a few really beautiful tags. ;-) Miss you Cari!! This one is my fave.
Photo credit: Cari Fennell (Me and My Mary Janes)
6. Emily Pitts from Scrapbook and Cards Today has a good post on understanding different mists. She does focus more on Maya Road Mists -- which I LOVE. 
Mists

7. Mandysea from A Teacup of Scrapisms made a mini-album which really grabbed me (and in the right way). Love these colours and the landscape orientation.
Image
Photo credit: Mandysea (A Teacup of Scrapisms)
8. Heidi Van Laar made some lovely blue flowers using watercolours. The flowers are part of this stunning card.
Happy Birthday
Photo credit: Van Laar Designs
Creativity is always beautiful. I hope you get some time this week to create, laugh and play!

1 comments:

  1. once again,great inspirational ideas.so appreciative of all the blogs that you read to give us your top faves.

    ReplyDelete