Saturday, May 19, 2012

saturday special - may 19

The weather was glorious this week. Nice weather doesn't deter my scrapbooking and it seems it doesn't stop bloggers either.

Here are some of the best of all of the wonderful scrappy goodness I found online this week.

1. May Flaum has a video tutorial on her new love: the brayer. I love how she uses it with Dylusions and Tim Holtz' Distress Inks. It's a bit messy and really cool and makes me want to dust off my brayer.
Photo credit: May Flaum
2. Debbie Hodge from Get It Scrapped! put out another great list: 6 examples when short journaling works
#3 When the visual design tells your story
Photo credit: Get It Scrapped!
3. Miss Fancy Pants shared instructions how to make globes out of paper. CUTE!
Greta Hammond Childish things cards 2
Photo credit: Miss Fancy Pants
4. Noell Hyman from Paperclipping tackles my biggest fear: WHITE SPACE.
white_space
Photo credit: Paperclipping
5. Anna Dabrowska made two beautiful paper bags. This one is my favourite:
Photo credit: Tworzysko Finnabair
6. Lately, I've been finding that the Tattered Angels design team are going for a messy look. I don't mind this, but I wouldn't use this look and their designs on my layouts or cards or projects. But I love what they did with this birdhouse. ps: I think the bird that calls this house a home is a diva....just sayin'...
Photo credit: Tattered Angels
 7. Love this card by Vanessa Middleton on the Miss Fancy Pants blog. The curled paper and the pinwheels and the cute title and the monochromatic scheme with pops of colour -- everything is sooooo adorable on this card.
297619_2530087375291_1346675376_3071899_1317271321_n
Photo credit: Miss Fancy Pants






1 comments:

  1. Thanks again for keeping me informed!! I love your list! You ROCK!! :) miss ya

    ReplyDelete