Sunday, April 1, 2012

when scrapbooking is crazy good


I spent the day on Saturday scrapbooking with my fellow divas at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking in Cornwal, Ontario.

I laughed so hard I have no voice left.

It was crazy good.
HAWT!
Here I am with Sarah, Kat, Diane and Jill at the end of the day. We're still a little crazy and happy even after more than 8 hours of super serious scrapbooking.

Emma aka Auntie Em has a great store. The cropping space is huge with great natural light and large tables. And no, she did not pay me to say this. :-)
Let the scrapbooking begin
Diane aka the Crazy Good Diva aka The Last Diva Standing (how many names can one diva have???) brought some gloves to protect her from all of the ink that invariably covers her hands. Love this idea!
Inky Girl
Diane worked on a folder album. There are so many great details in this project. Plus, the album has mini-albums inside to make it super interactive. I think this is her second folder album and I believe this one is on the Senators....I could be wrong though... ;-)
She's so awesome
Sarah aka the Strong Diva is on the design team at Auntie Em's and has a great blog called Handwritten Memories. Check it out!

Sarah worked on a mini-album that she plans to give as a gift. I won't reveal much more, but it's pretty awesome!
She's pretty awesome too
Sarah also managed to finish a layout. She did a great job and I'm not just saying that because I was the subject of the layout. Vibrant colours and a bit of bling are so me, yet she did a layout that was so her.
Sarah and her Mona Lisa smile
No crop is complete without a bit of posing and Sarah & Kat are pros at it.
Posers!
Kat did more than pose though. She worked on a mini-album for her hubby. I've scrapped with Kat twice in the last month and she has been using a lot of black and pink in her wedding layouts. The results are spectacular!
She already knows she's awesome
Check out Kat's great blog called Kitty's Crafting Corner!

Kat's friend Jill joined us at the crop. She had not scrapbooked much before and discovered she has The Natural Awesome Scrapbooker gene. I was blown away by how Jill created compositions that highlighted her pictures, chose great colours, created her own embellishments and added movement to her layouts.

I wonder what she'll do the next time she scrapbooks. ;-)
Born to be awesome
Here I am journalling on the second layout I completed. I'm having a bit of existential scrapbooking crisis these days, but did manage to complete a card and two layouts.
Trying to be awesome
I would like to thank Emma for an amazing day. I got to know her better and she made laugh, she made me eat, she made me create and she made me feel comfortable. Plus, her favourite colour is purple so I have to love her! 
Basking in Emma's awesomeness
I'll post my completed projects this week.

Thanks for dropping by!! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie! What can I say?? YOU are the most awesomeness! It was lots of fun hosting you ladies!! Glad you enjoyed it and thank you so very much for your kind words. Looking forward to seeing you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that,we are being invited back!!It really was a great day,and I can't wait to see the pics of what you worked on,they were fab,esp the top secret one.
    As for my gloves,lol,i need a smaller size.My hands were getting so inky,that it would transfer onto my pics,and would then ruin them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s thanks for the great compliments on my work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete