Wednesday, April 4, 2012

linking camp

I have been using PageMaps sketches quite a bit to help me create layouts. I don't necessarily need a sketch, but I do like them as a starting point because they let me be creative with my papers, embellies and techniques (It's true: I do try to put some techniques in every layout).

As much as I love PageMaps, I find that I've been using a horizontal band composition in almost every layout. I wouldn't call this a rut because I do love my layouts, but sometimes it's good to switch it up.

I managed to get move away from the horizontal band with this layout of Kevin at the Cubs Spring Linking Camp.
I like this layout because, even though it won't win me any contests (well, maybe a popularity contest from my son), it does showcase many large photos of my super cute boy. This is also a special layout for me because this was the first time I participated in a Scouts camping weekend and I have some great memories of this weekend with Kevin.

I used papers and embellies from Bo Bunny's Roughin' It collection, cardstock from Close to My Heart, letters from Basic Grey and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink from Tim Holtz.

I love the badge. I'm finding that it doesn't hurt to ask for an extra badge from the Scout leaders or an extra card or pin or other item at any event that I can incorporate into my pages. This ephemera gives layouts that special touch. Kevin loves the badge on this page, especially after finding out I didn't take his. :-)

Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

  1. i love how the pics are skewed and not perfect aligned,gives it a more playful look that matches Kevin's playful pics.

    ReplyDelete