Thursday, April 19, 2012

divalicious

A great space. Great people. Great scrapbooking. These are the ingredients that make for an awesome scrapbooking retreat.

Last weekend, my divas joined the Scrapping Beavers at a retreat at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. To say we had a blast is a major understatement.

This was my first time at the Nav Centre. The beds were comfy, the meals were good and the pub was hopping (mainly due to us...). The best part of the Nav Centre was our scrapbooking room.
Love the natural light! The chairs were super comfy and I could have scrapped there for at least another two days.

The Scrapping Beavers are a great group and we made new friends, which is the best thing really. Tammy organized the whole shebang and she did an absolutely wonderful job.

It was also great to get together with the divas.
Kathleen worked on wedding layouts and the kit challenge from Tina's Scrapbooking Creations. Sarah worked on a mini-album, which turned out as beautiful as the subject of the album, Baby Anabelle. She also worked on football layouts. Nathalie worked on some great layouts of her kids and husband.

Diane (who still doesn't have a blog!) worked on a layout using the Lime Twist collection I gave her for her birthday. Here she is with her cute cupcakes.

The scrapbooking was epic and there were more layouts completed, but some of the weekend is a blur. I can't tell you more because what happens in Cornwall stays in Cornwall..

The divas had four tables to share our Cricut, Big Shot, punches, mists, inks, glams, Pearl Pens, craft mats & heater, etc. We also had the time to focus on scrapbooking -- a lot of scrapbooking. I finished, or semi-finished, seven layouts.

A few things stood out for me at this retreat:

1. Simplicity -- I was using busy patterned paper and opted for simple layouts, which you will see in an upcoming post. It was a trend for me. It wasn't a bad thing, but simplicity did dominate my work over the entire weekend.

2. Discovery -- The divas lent me two Distress Inks: Black Soot and Antique Linen. I never thought I would like these colours and now I LOVE them! I also made my own flowers. And I used white for my white space. And I was not as matchy-matchy as I usually am. I also discovered that I get super focused when scrapbooking.

3. Auntie Em's Scrapbooking -- Love Emma. Love Laura. Love their store. And must get back to Cornwall soon. (pictures coming asap!)

3. Laughter. Happiness. Fun.
What more could anyone want?

4. I love my layouts. And this makes me happy. I feel like I'm sparkling. Can't you tell?
I also love my crazy hair!
I can't wait to show you the layouts I made at the retreat. They are simply divalicious just like this weekend retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment