Monday, April 23, 2012

christmas layouts (finally!)

I love Christmas. Some may think it's stressful; I just think of parties and good food and happiness and joy. And glitter.

This means, of course, that I love scrapbooking Christmas layouts. I finished three Christmas layouts at last weekend's scrapbooking retreat. The first of these is for Ellie on Christmas Eve with her family, including her brother, parents, aunts, and cousins.
Great layout and I'm in it!
I love the big picture and the collage of small pictures of our family. I used Teresa Collins' Noel paper, Black Soot Distress Ink from Tim Holtz, Delight Fabric Letters from American Crafts, and ribbon from Auntie Em's.

I also used brads from Close to My Heart and Fabric Fancies Flowers from Prima to add some bling.
I don't use black that often on kids' layouts, but it's pretty perfect here, don't you think?

The second Christmas layout I completed is of Ellie on Christmas morning. It's another pretty simple layout, but I used non-traditional colours for my pretty girl.
The paper and embellies are from the Colorful Christmas Collection from My Mind's Eye. I made the pinwheels from Tim Holtz' rosette die and misted them with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels). I also added a few drops of white pearl pen and the new matte letters from Dear Lizzy.

My last Christmas layout from the retreat is of my son on Christmas morning. I love that this collage mixes different sizes of photos.
I used papers from the I Believe collection (My Mind's Eye), the Holly Jolly collection (My Mind's Eye) and Bo Bunny's wine dot paper.

After seeing how Sarah layered different types of embellishments and how Kathleen used different colours of embellishments, I was inspired to go to town with mine. The resulting mashup of collections and colours is pretty darn cool (if I do say so myself).
Top left square: "Holly Jolly" tickets (My Mind's Eye), shimmer brad (Close to My Heart) amd "Miss Caroline" stick pins (My Mind's Eye)
Top right square: buttons, bling and ribbon from my stash, "Father Christmas" trinket (Bo Bunny), shimmer brad (Close to My Heart)
Bottom left square: "Holly Jolly" paper buttons (My Mind's Eye) misted with Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), "Christmas Home" brads (Teresa Collins), bling from my stash, "Welcome Home" trinket (Bo Bunny)
Bottom right square: paper flower (Creative Memories) with Organic Glimmer Glam (Tattered Angels), button (Close to My Heart), bling from my stash, "Christmas Delight" chipboard (Little Yellow Bicycle), "Believe" was inked with Aged Mahogany and Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)

I think I'll ink this layout with Tim Holtz' Black Soot Distress Ink. It's still pretty awesome though.

I love my Christmas layouts although I now have a craving for turkey with all the fixings, tourtière and anything with butter. Nothing a bit of glitter won't fix! LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. I suppose the snow put you in the spirit to post this Christmas layouts - all are amazing! I was thinking the same as you - craving turkey, gravy and tourtiere and chocolate fudge! How am I going to get thru the night!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the great embellishments,esp the tickets w the pins,and how you used pink for a christmas layout other than the traditional pink.me thinks that you are expanding your horizons.

    ReplyDelete