Monday, March 5, 2012

sometimes simple is best

There's nothing wrong with a simple layout. In fact, sometimes I find that the pictures call for simple pages. Sometimes, I go for simplicity based on my mood or the amount of time I have and sometimes it's based on the paper and embellishments I've chosen. At the March 3rd crop in Dixon's Corner, I made three layouts that look simple, but still had a few techniques creep in.

The first is called "conversation." I like this bilingual title of Ellie and her friend Tristan deep in conversation over dinner.

The paper and cardstock are from Close to My Heart. I used those amazing felt letters from Prima. And the flowers are also from Prima, but I misted them with Nougat Glimmer Mist and Maya Road Mist in Irridescent Pearl.

I love how this layout has strong colours, but is not too masculine nor too feminine. I was inspired by myself. (!) Actually, I used a layout that I made called "Des frissons au musée" during a techniques class at Scrap en masse, which, in turn, was based on a class layout.

I do need to add journaling to this one....

I also completed a Christmas layout at the crop.
I used Close to My Heart paper. I love the pattern in this paper, but it required a more simple approach. The letters are American Crafts Thickers which I traced with a brown Creative Memories pen. They were still fading in the background so I added Chandlier Glimmer Glam and, although you can't see it from this photo, the letters do stand out more.

There are no embellishments on this page so I used the Ice White Pearl pen on the snowflakes in the paper. Every layout needs a bit of bling!

I took a sketch from PageMaps that allows for a lot of white space. I like this one because it's very Christmassy and captures the mood of that get together.

The last simple layout from Saturday's crop is not quite finished.

My son got his Cubs fishing badge during a linking camp last April. When he successfully cast his line, his eyes were full of wonder and pride. How could I not scrap this moment?

This layout is begging for embellishments. I also need to add journaling beside the 5X7 photo and trace those letters.

I hope you enjoyed these layouts! I had so much fun making them with my friends last Saturday.

Two more layouts from the crop will be posted later this week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment