Saturday, March 3, 2012

saturday special - march 3

1. I've ordered my Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I'm not 100% sure what to do with them so I was glad to see May Flaum's review on Scrapbook Update.
Photo from Scrapbook Update
2. I love the idea of mini albums, especially as brag books and gifts. My son made a great mini album for Hallowe'en. Me? Not so keen about starting one. But then I saw this super cute mini album made from tags by My messy spot. Hey, I could do this!
Photo from My messy spot
3. Here's another mini-album. This time from Fancy Pants with a desktop version. This looks like it's hard to make, but wow!
TracieHudson1
Photo from Miss Fancy Pants
4. Becky Higgins, who used to be with Creating Keepsakes and now helms Project Life, posted a super neat and easy way to keep track of journaling. Love this idea!
Photo from Becky's Blog
5. Debbie Hodge and I are list sisters. This week, she posted three approaches to scrapbook portraits: 1) the mug shot; 2) action is character; and, 3) curating artifacts.

6. Davinie on My Little Piece of that Azure Sky posted a tutorial on how to use confetti in your layout. You gotta admit that sounds so cool! And look at the results!!!
Photo from My Little Piece of that Azure Sky
7. Scrap en masse, one of my favourite scrapbooking stores in around Ottawa, is offering a classe by Anna Dabrowska on either Monday, July 23rd or Tuesday, July 24th to make the album pictured here. It looks way to advanced for me, but as my motto for the week is "Just Jump", I'm jumping into this class. Will you hold my hand?


This Saturday, I'll be scrapbooking to my heart's content at a crop in Dixon's Corner, Ontario. This crop is also a fundraiser to help build a school in Africa. Scrapbooking + a good cause + awesome friends can only equal magic. I can't wait to tell you all about it!!

Hope your week is filled with your own creative magic!

2 comments:

  1. I luv the birthday card...confettis... I will try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. once again an awesome informative blog.love that you do the reading of blogs for me.i know that the ones that you mention are defin worth checking out.thanks.
    as for the tag album,you could easily make one of things,in fact I think that should be your next challenge!

    ReplyDelete