Saturday, March 24, 2012

saturday special - march 24

It's officially Spring! That alone is cause to celebrate, but the fact that we're getting gorgeous weather is the best reason to get outside. This means there's a little less scrapbooking going on. But just a little.

I've been busy this week with a little scrapbooking, a little organizing and a little bit of reading. Here's what I found online.

1. With Spring comes Spring cleaning. May Flaum has started cleaning her studio and you can read her delightful posts on her starting point and the night she began cleaning. This is timely as you can see from the disarray in my own space. Aack!
How does one scrapbook here?
 2. I love the look of layering, but, to be honest, I wouldn't know where to start. Somehow, the blogosphere must have heard me (as if!) and there are three posts on layering on the blogs this week!! Renata Moni from Pink Paislee shares six ways to add layers and so does Noell Hyman at Paperclipping, while Danielle Flanders, again at Pink Paislee, talks of layering using stamps.
True Scrap Sneak Peek
Photo credit: Paperclipping.com
3. Irene Tan made a stunning frame using Bo Bunny's amazing products. She's such a wonderful designer and I love how this frame is so colourful and detailed and yet allows the photo to stand out.
Photo credit: Irene Tan for Bo Bunny
4. Scrapbook Update has a great post on tape and twine called "From Trend to Staple." I couldn't agree more!
Check out those colours!
Photo credit: Scrapbook Update

I wanna!
Photo credit: Scrapbook Update
5. Kelly Purkey at Scrapbook & Cards Today uses stamps and mist to create a watercolour effect. Very cool!
Kp_ stamp2
Photo credit: Scrapbook & Cards Today
6. Julia Stainton from Belle Papier created invitations, a bird house centrepiece, place cards and these wonderful gift boxes for a garden party. So beautiful!!!
Photo credit: Belle Papier
7. Amy Tangerine made a super cute notebook and used tons of washi tape to decorate her little book.
Photo credit: Amy Tangerine
8. JJ Sobey at One Good Thing loves twine as much as I do. And she pins, curls and sews her twine with amazing results. How cute is this?
Photo credit: JJ Sobey (One Good Thing)
 9. Vivian Masket at October Afternoon uses string as a mask for misting. This is an aweome idea!
Vivian First Daffodil
Photo credit: October Afternoon
10. I don't have 10th item to share with you. I like round numbers so it didn't feel right to end this list at #9. So I decided to give this space to Mokacrafts where Rose creates beautiful cards. Check out her blog!
Photo credit: Mokacrafts
I hope you have a great week and get to enjoy a little bit of scrapbooking!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Natalie! These are all awesome products and ideas! I LOVE Irene Tan's beautiful frame. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like you've been following me(or I you??)!lol,i came across quite a few of these this week as well.I loved Pink Paislee's layering techniques(incl the stamping)and Irene Tan's use of rub on's on the frame along w the beautiful papers.FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words!! Off to check out your other links... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete