Saturday, March 17, 2012

saturday special - march 17

The blogosphere continues to yield wonderful ideas to inspire me to scrapbook. All I need now is a bit of time to actually start some layouts. Here are a few great ideas served with chips.

1. National Potato Chip Day was on March 14th. But, really, isn't every day a special chip day? And aren't chips the best snack food when scrapbooking? (They are for me!)

2. Glitz Design issued a challenge to use book paper. Their designers decorated a candle. Love the look of this!

3. I'm a big fan of A Teacup of Scrapisms. Mandysea posted several layouts and this one is my favourite.
Photo credit: Mandysea (A Teacup of Scrapisms)
3. Pink Paislee issues colour crushes. Much like my own colour challenges, their designers to try to make projects using a specified colour palette. LOVE these tins!

4. There are some good ideas for page designs with tilted photos in this post from Get it Scrapped!
Photo credit: Hello 2012 by Amy Kingsford (Get it Scrapped!)
5. Everyone knows that I fear white space. My natural instincts are to clutter a page with patterned papers, embellishments, photos -- and often with all of the above. I have been fighting these instincts for years and you will see this fight conquered on most of my layouts. My "list sister" Debbie Hodge has a great post on creating white space with 5 scrapbook page foundations. I love this list and 5 is my favourite number. ;-)

- the grid and blocked foundations and white space
- band foundations and white space (I use the horizontal band all the time)
- shaped cluster foundations and white space
- free-form cluster foundation and white space
- multiple-cluster foundation and white space

Today, on St. Patrick's Day, an estimated 13 million pints of Guiness will be consumed. So with that, here's an Irish toast: May the sound of happy music, and the lilt of Irish laughter, fill your heart with gladness, that stays forever after.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

  1. once again,another great post!
    national chip day,funny to read since I read about it last night,and was totally bummed that I hadn't celebrated it!
    saw the pink paisley colour crushes,and loved the ones used not only in their layouts,but also in the cute tin containers.i find it really interesting the things that can be made using scrapbook supplies.

    ReplyDelete