Wednesday, March 28, 2012

march colour challenge - riot

I gave myself two colour challenges for March. The first one was called "soft" and I created a super cute layout of my daughter called "The Pink Fury." I invited everyone (hey! that's you!) to complete a layout inspired by the pinks and white and butter yellow and sage green colours. It's not too late to create a layout with these colours. And it's easy peasy too!!

The second colour challenge for March is called "riot."
Photo credit: Carrie Loves
It's taken me a month and a half to complete a layout using these colours, which frankly are a little intimidating. At least there are for me.....I would never put slate, turquoise, mauve, mauvy pink, pink and corally pink together even though I love all of these colours. I just love them separately.

But a challenge is a challenge and here's what I came up with.

I used an Authentique paper pack, Core'dination cardstock (that I sanded) and Hallowe'en paper from Kaisercraft (The 13th Hour collection). Letter stickers from American Crafts and a few wonderful resin flowers from Kaisercraft completed this exercise in pink. Well, almost.

There was too much white space so I stamped the dark pink cardstock with a Unity Stamp called Autumn Meadows. You can barely see it in this photo, but it does add a touch of softness to the layout.

Then I decided to add some Glimmer Glam, which didn't quite work out the way I wanted (see the bottom left of the first page). So I covered up the boo-boo with a wood flourish from Kaisercraft that I painted in Pink Lipstick Glimmer Glam. It's not as red as in the picture. I also added chipboard hearts from Maya Road that were painted with the Pink Lipstick Glimmer Glam, sprayed with Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist and Pearl Maya Road Mist. That's a lot of work to fix a boo-boo!!!

Turquoise is one of my least favourite colours (coral is the other one which Ellie is wearing btw), but I love the punch it packs in this layout.

All in all, I'm happy with the results.

Now on to the April Colour Challenges!

1 comments:

  1. Halloween paper on a NON halloween page??I am so proud of you!Scrapping w me must be rubbing off on you.You did a wonderful job of using all the colours in the challenge,and they look great together.as for your boo-boo,if you hadn't said anything,no one would have noticed.besides,there are no mistakes in scrapping,just more of an opportunity to use your imagination!!

    ReplyDelete