Sunday, February 12, 2012

saturday special - feb. 11



Lots of post-CHA on the blogs this week so I decided to do my own thing -- a list of lists!

1 hot shoe
eMeLiNe Seet used Prima's Say It in Crystals and Namazzi flowers to decorate a super hot shoe.

2 projects in the works
I've started working on my first digital layout and I'm planning a layout of Instagram pictures.

3 things I do every day
1. Check Facebook.
2. Drink coffee.
3. Tell my family I love them.

4 ways to know if that embellishment works
This comes from Debbie Hodge. Check out Get it scrapped! for all of the deets.

1. Embellish to add charm and design interest.
2. Embellish to deepen meaning.
3. Embellish to set tone.
4. Embellish to support design.

5 amazing women
We are pretty awesome individually and powerful when we are together. In no particular order...

Nathalie, the Sweet Diva
Sarah, the Strong Diva
Diane, the Crazy Good Diva
Sylvie, the Sunshine Diva
And I'll add myself, the Naughty Diva, to this list because I need to think of myself as an amazing woman...

6 journaling tips
Noell Hyman at Paperclipping posted 6 tips for adding journalling to intricate scrapbook pages.

1. Add journaling to a second smaller page.
2. Write your story first.
3. Add your story as text directly onto one photo
4. Reduce the opacity of your journaling text.
5. Write your jouraling like you're talking to friends or family.
6. Break the journaling up into smaller parts.

7 awesome free apps
1. Instagram
2. Starbucks
3. The Eatery
4. Flipboard
5. 98.3 FLY FM
6. Lightsaber
7. Night Sky

8 favourites from CHA Winter 2012

Tim Holtz Distress Markers






















On-The-Bright-Side-One
On the Block by My Mind's Eye



















BeYouPapersPage
The Be You collection from Fancy Pants






















Bo Bunny's Alora collection












00622_IndogiBleu_6x6Petite-copy
indigo bleu by Pink Paislee















Photobucket
Bella Blvd. Button Market





















<><><><><><><><><><>
Wordplay
Tim Holtz 'word play'





















Genuine by Authentique






















9 ways to make yourself more interesting
This comes from Forbes and I've been trying to live by these for the last month. Try it -- it's fun!

1. Go exploring.
2. Share what you discover.
3. Do something. Anything.
4. Embrace your innate weirdness.
5. Have a cause.
6. Give it a shot.
7. Hop off the bandwagon.
8. Grow a pair.
9. Ignore the scolds.


10 trends from CHA Winter 2012
I saw the colour blue -- inspired by denim -- everywhere. Kimberly Crawford from For the Love of Paper spotted these trends:

1. Sewing and quilting
2. Aqua and yellow color palettes
3. Bright colours
4. Quick & easy scrapbooking
5. Wood
6. Borders
7. Buttons
8. Flags & pennants
9. Chevron patterns
10. Tags

11 loves
I love my family.
I love my job.
I love my divas.
I love laughing.
I love listening to loud music in my cute car.
I love surprising myself.
I love to daydream.
I love getting compliments.
I love the colour purple.
I love cooking food that everyone loves.
I love the number 5.

I love lists too, but had to stop myself before this post got way too long (if it isn't already!). ;-)

Enjoy a lovely week full of love!

1 comments:

  1. I love you post!!!! This is so fun to read you!

    Sweet Diva xoxo

    ReplyDelete