Friday, February 3, 2012

3 more layouts

It's a bit of an understatement to say that I have a massive backlog of layouts waiting to be scrapped. Sometimes, the pile is overwhelming. Sometimes, it's inspiring. And sometimes, it's pure gold.

I found them to be all of the above during last weekend's retreat. I got to scrapbook pictures from last summer when it was warm and sunny and wonderful and we were together and we were super happy. Capturing these warm feelings was part of what made my scrapbooking weekend so special. I'm smiling again just thinking about it!

I was able to scrap two layouts of the kids Chris building a sand castle. The first one is of my little girl working hard.
I used an old collection from Bo Bunny, which I think is called Calypso and cardstock from Close to My Heart. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Bundled Sage -- one of my favourite colours. I bought the tissue flowers from Basic Grey (they're part of the Little Black Dress collection) at the retreat and glimmer misted them in Electric Blue. I like how soft this layout is, while still capturing the vibrancy and warmth of summer.

My second sand castle layout features my big boy who did more playing than helping.

Kevin chose the bright orange paper from Basic Grey's Fort Lauderdale collection because it reminded him of sand. Funny how kids see things. It was so loud I had to sand the paper to tone it down. I also glimmer misted the beige cardstock with a colour appropriately called Sand and used a textured brayer. I stamped Kraft cardstock with flowers and blinged them with Turquoise Stickles to make them look a little like sand dollars. I really love that cute Jolee's stickers on the first page.

This next layout is my favourite of the weekend.
I love the felt swirls. I love Bo Bunny's paper, embellishments and title from the Barefoot & Bliss collection. I love all that blue. And I really love that pop of orange from the sheer ribbon.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these layouts as much as I loved creating them. I have two more layouts from the retreat to show you in a next post and then I can get back to attacking that massive backlog!

1 comments:

  1. what a productive weekend you had,love all of the layouts,can't wait to see them in person.look at you,not only did you survive a weekend away(that you were a tad nervous about)but you thrived on it!

    ReplyDelete