Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3 layouts from friday evening

Last weekend's scrapbooking retreat was all about working on summer layouts that have been piling up. On Friday evening, I completed three layouts.

I started the weekend by working on pictures of my son Kevin at the Riverview Park & Zoo in Peterborough.

I used this May 2009 sketch from PageMaps because of the large photo and all those small photos which let me add pics of the animals at the zoo. 

The cardstock is from my stash and the paper, letters and embelishments are from Bo Bunny's Zoology collection. I also used a border punch from Fiskars that had this nice rope effect. And I inked almost everything with Tim Holtz' Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I really like this one.

My second layout of the evening is a bit of a cheat. I've been working on this one of Ellie hangin' at the cottage since the summer.
It was fussy to make and the results are a bit fussy too. I don't think it's quite finished though...

The cardstock is from Core'dinations and the paper and all embellishments are from the Elizabeth Parks line from Little Yellow Bicycle. Love that company! I liked how the December 2008 PageMaps sketch wasn't as linear as their other sketches, but I failed to recognize that circles are so fussy.

I finished my last layout on Friday evening around 11:30 pm, which is extremely late for me! But I was on a roll and really wanted to get this one done.
I'm smiling just looking at this.

I saw this cute layout in the Spring 2011 edition of Scrapbook & Cards Today and kept it aside for future inspiration. THEN, I found the Jillibean Soup paper and embellishments featured in the layout. All I needed were photos, which wasn't too hard since we pick strawberries every year on Canada Day. The cardstock is from Close to My Heart and the ribbon is from my stash.

Next up, I'll post three more layouts completed on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. See, you think the second one isn't finished but it's my favourite! Great job Natalie.

    ReplyDelete