Monday, February 13, 2012

2 things happened on the way to scrapbooking

I can't say I'm that adventurous when it comes to scrapbooking. But once in a while I'll try a new product and see if it works. And guess what? It usually does!

I finished a layout a few months ago, but then discovered that I used the same picture twice on the same page! So it's not finished.....

I did want to use my gesso to give myself a journaling spot, but I thought that there would be too much white. So I mixed the gesso with Smooch in Azure. Turned out pretty well, I think.
Can't wait to use gesso again!

The last layout I finsihed at the Picton retreat was a bit sparse. I had these great wooden vines from Kaisercraft and decided they could use a bit of colour. I used Adirondack's Acrylic Paint Dabber in Pearl and, after the paint dried, I sprayed the vines with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Coffee Shop. I let the mist pool and dry overnight. This is how it turned out.
I love love love how this turned out! The vines remind me of how leaves look in the fall after their colours fade and they've fallen to the ground. I took a close-up so you could see the worn and weathered look I was going for.
This week, I will be working with Goosebumps and, later this month, I'm taking a class on embossing. Who knows? One day, I might even take up sewing on my layouts.

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment