Monday, January 16, 2012

One Kit...AHHHHHH!

Sarah here!

When Natalie came up with the idea for us to all use the same kit for some of our Christmas layouts, I thought it was genius! Then, I saw the kit...

AHHHH!

It was beautiful, but...so not my style! Okay, so maybe I didn't panic and I'm being a tad over-dramatic. That being said, the truth is that this kit was not what I usually gravitated to. I'm braver than I look though, so I decided to suck it up and try it. I'm glad I did because I'm happy with the results. I managed to complete six two-page layouts using the kit at Natalie's that day. Here is my favourite of the day:
The first page is a group shot of some of my favourite people: my fellow kettlebellers! All but the cardstock used as the background and the brads in the flowers is from the kit. I cut six 1.75" squares, using five different patterned papers. I knew that this was going to be a one pciture layout so I had it printed in 5x7. I then add the green ribbon and the shiny red paper as a border. I used a journalling box, letter stickers and flowers included in the kit. I finished off with the fun star pins, which, when I saw then originally, I thought I wouldn't be able to use them. I think they add that perfect final touch!

 
One the second page, I used one of the patterned papers I had used on the previous page. I sanded the edges of the pictures to make them stand out more. I love this trick. It avoids having to mat your pictures. I also repeated the themes from the first page by using the flower, the letter stickers, the ribbon and the star pin. I used a journalling box to be the background of my title. I finished off the page by using Olive Wine Glimmer Mist on my journally box (a tag included in the kit).

I'm really happy with these pages. They are very me. That's what surprises me...I managed to use so many things that were not my style and I made them my style.

The best thing about the day though was not all the great layouts I completed. It was spending time with Natalie, Nathalie, Diane and Sylvie. Corny, I know, but true...MWAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment