Monday, January 9, 2012

A 'group' kit, an amazing day!

Hi, Nathalie here from The Creative Cellar!  I'm one of the scrapbooking Divas, and I so enjoy being part of this amazing group of ladies Natalie just talked about!


This 'One kit, five scrapbookers' project was a very exciting event for me and I was truly looking forward to it! We planned it months ago and I was very happy with what was included in the kit... but when I finally got all set up and ready to start, inspiration left me. Totally.  How frustrating!


First, this amazing paper collection from (Lost and Found - Rosy) from My Mind's Eye is stunning. All that glimmer and festive colours are simply inspiring! The vintage look is right there, begging to be revealed! So... I should have prepared myself better. I usually don't follow layouts (aka Pagemap, magazine's pictures or else), it's just in me to come up with my own layouts and ideas. Result: I spent the whole morning working on a layout that I finally walked away from! What a shame!



I realized I needed some help, and so said my Diva friends. They all told me to look at a magazine to get ideas. I flipped through The Canadian Scrapbooker magazine and found a beautiful layout to be inspired from! So this is what I did: a little bit of sewing and misting, a lot of distressing and inking, some heat embossing and Tattered Angels glimmer glam! Et voil√†... a picture of my hubby goofing around with my son's elf tuque in a masculine look layout! I like it, this is really my style!



My second layout was easier to do.... pictures of my kids are so inspiring. I never really have a hard time scrapping them! This layout is entitled 'Christmas Cuddles' and is all about atmosphere. Using a beautiful page with a 'cream' center piece, I added chip board snowflakes that I painted with Tim Holtz 'Pearl' paint dabber. I used glimmer glam on my flowers and small frame, border punches and brads. A cute ruffled red ribbon and swirl (TH die) give a 'chic' look and final touch to the layout. I love it!



I am kind of disappointed that I was only able to make 2 layouts on this crop day. But I like what I did, so in the end, I decided to make peace with what I did. My day with my dear friends was fantastic, we had a great time and this is really all that matters. Nothing else does!

I hope you enjoyed this post. See you next time on my own blog, The Creative Cellar!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job! I love how both layouts are so reflective of your style, yet they're both different.

    I had an amazing day with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your layouts; the way you work mist, ink and layering is inspiring to see! xo

    ReplyDelete