Monday, January 9, 2012

my one little word for 2012

Ali Edwards has a list of words on her blog. The idea is to pick a word, as she says, that you can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon. I think this is a much better idea than a New Year's resolution and, after some reflection, I came up with my own word.

My own little word for 2012 is: CARE.

It's a little word, but it carries a lot of weight.

First, it's about taking care. Of me. Of my family. Of my friends. The biggest challenge will be to find time to care of myself, even though I'm at the top of my list.

It's also about giving some TLC. Last year, the rush of life made it difficult to pause and give enough TLC to everyone around me who needed it. I hope to do better this year.

I also want to handle things with care. I think I already do a good job at this, but I can do better.

One small word. Do you have yours?

1 comments:

  1. 'CARE' is a great word Natalie! I like it!

    My own word consist of two words actually: MAKE TIME'. To me, this means 'make time' to play with my kids; 'make time' to create everyday; 'make time' to go to yoga; 'make time' to be with my husband; 'make time' for my family and my friends; 'make time' to relax, to rest, and most of all, to avoid another burnout.

    Thanks for your blog Natalie. It's like 'comfort food'!
    Nathalie :)

    ReplyDelete