Tuesday, January 31, 2012

my first scrapbooking retreat

It was Sarah who found the scrapbooking retreat in Prince Edward County (she has an amazing blog called Handwritten Memories btw). This retreat was organized by Sweet Sentiments.

Scrapbooking in wine country. What could be better?

The price was good and my husband loved the idea. But the wineries were closed for the season and my group of friends -- aka The Scrapbooking Divas -- couldn't make it.

But I was determined to go. I couldn't wait to catch up on my scrapbooking.

You may remember reading that my own little word for 2012 is care and how I need to take better care of myself.  So I ignored the doubt, the fear and my little voice that is constantly scolding me.

I also made the three-hour drive all by myself in the worst weather possible.


It looks pretty, but it was TERRIBLE. I arrived an hour later than I should have. I was super stressed and tired, but I relaxed immediately and got right to scrapbooking. I love this picture of me because I look as happy as I feel.


I also managed to complete eight double layouts. And they're pretty good too!! I'll show them to you in another post. I was also lucky to meet some amazing people. These ladies, Trisha, Kim and Amy, were my Replacement Divas. I still love the real ones, but it was great to meet some super nice and talented scrapbookers.


I was also really impressed with Sweet Sentiments and I now really want to visit the store in Belleville. This is a picture of the owner, Laura, and Michelle, my roomie for the weekend, who works at the store. I look happy. And short, n'est-ce pas?
 

The food was awesome and the beds were super comfy, but the best part was the sunshine and the lack of snow. This was the view outside the room.
As you may have guessed, I am now totally addicted to this idea of retreats. And why not? Time to myself, scrapbooking until I physically couldn't, great people and yummy food. When's the next one???

Oh, and I won a prize!!!!


Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally up for a roadtrip to Belleville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too!glad that you had a great time

    ReplyDelete