Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 chicks and a kit

Diane here.
When Natalie and I first discussed this idea, we simply did it for curiosity sake. There have been numerous times when we’ve had a few of the same kits, papers, embellishments etc. and it was always interesting to see how each of us used the papers in such different ways. At times it was inspiring and gave us that extra “push” that “allowed” us to try something new. We wanted something that would force us outside of our comfort zone, push our creativity to the next level and just go for it. We decided on an eclectic Christmas. No boring traditional layouts for this group!! The rules were simple…there were no rules! Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly true, but they were pretty basic.
1) use at least a few elements of the kit on each layout 
2) Since there was no cardstock or inks incl in the kit, we had free reign
….. and that was pretty much it.




I chose to use the photos from our "Diva Christmas." The papers and embellishments were kind of posh girly and I had a lot of fun planning my pages. I love mixing and matching and making the pages work together in unexpected ways. The hardest part for me was using ribbon. I am not a big ribbon fan, but our mandate was that we had to try something new! And guess what? I LOVED how the pages turned out. The colours were so fun and vibrant, just like our night out. The peachy colour of the large letters just looked wrong, so I used a textured stamp to darken them. Perfect. I made 5 pages using mostly items from the kit. I did use a few papers from Pink Paislee’s mistables collection as mats, along with CTMH stamps and inks, TH distress inks and Tattered Angels glimmer mists.











 We had so much fun bouncing around ideas and giving suggestions (which we call scrapbooking by committee)All of our layouts were so different and it was exciting to see each of us add our own special twist to our pages These women continue to inspire and amaze me with their talent and their kindness. ok, enough of that,
It was a day of laughter, creativity, being brave and trying new things. Exactly what we set out to do. Mission accomplished.
Now, what to do for an encore….








No comments:

Post a Comment