Sunday, January 22, 2012

1 kit + 5 friends = PRICELESS

When two things I love come together -- in this case, friends and scrapbooking -- something awesome is bound to happen. When the divas got together on January 7th to scrapbooking for a mere 13 hours, it was truly magical. And energizing. And crazy!

I highly recommend this kind of day.

I know you've enjoyed reading about the divas' take on the day and the results of their creativity (in case you missed them, they are: Nathalie's two beautiful layouts, Sarah and her kettlebellers, Diane's wonderful layouts of the divas, and Sylvie's New Year's and Christmas layouts). Our styles are different even though we used the same supplies and applied the same techniques. With one scrapbooking kit, we created different layouts that each had the same feel -- happiness and love.

I blame the glitter.

And really, what's scrapbooking without glitter, glitz, glam and bling? We are divas after all!!!  ;-)

The paper from our kit was mostly from the My Mind's Eye Rosy collection. It's too bad you can't see all of the glitter in this photo which make the papers absolutely stunning.
The embellishments were just as beautiful as the paper. I would never have put embellies from My Mind's Eye, Jillibean Soup, Teresa Collins, Prima, October Afternoon and much more together. But it works, doesn't it?

When I first saw the kit, I was blown away by the glitter, but the peachy pink colour through me off. And I wasn't entirely sure how to use these papers because they didn't seem well suited for kids layouts.

We had one rule: each layout had to include at least one item from the kit.

I started with a two-page layout of my daughter trimming the Christmas tree.
So, this didn't turn out the way I thought it would. There's way too much white space for me! I saw this "tree" in a scrapbooking magazine and decided it would look cute in this layout. The peachy pink paper and letters worked well with Ellie's PJs.. I added stickles to my "tree" and bling from Kaisercraft. Love those star pins.

My second layout is based on a layout of outtakes by Vicki Boutin. I love how she featured so many pictures and I decided to make all of my pics much bigger.
I glammed the flowers with Organic Garden Glimmer Glam and misted the Jillibean Soup corrugated letters with Santa Baby Glimmer Mist. This is a pretty simple layout and I love how it captures the fun we had one Christmas Eve.

I started my third layout at the end of the afternoon when my energy was fading away. The divas agreed to go out for Thai food and -- presto! -- that creative energy came back.

I based this layout of Ellie singing her heart out on one of my favourite sketches from PageMaps.
Red! And matchy matchy!! But so vibrant!!! The bling is from Teresa Collins and Close to My Heart. I really like this one.

My final layout is based on JJ Sobey's Matching Christmas Pyjamas. My niece received makeup as a gift and proceeded to "doll" up my beautiful girl (who is hiding under there somewhere). The minute I took this picture, I knew the title of the layout.
I used the Believe stamp by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday. I have a bit more work to do on the stamp to make the cardstock look more like patterned paper. I used Be Positive Glimmer Glam on the flowers and American Crafts rub-on letters. Love that deep red!

I still have tons of supplies left from the kit which is good because I still have tons of Christmas layouts to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment