Thursday, December 29, 2011

one sketch two ways

December is always busy and I have had little time to work on any projects. Now that the hustle and bustle is quieted down, I've managed to finish two layouts.

The kids donned 3D glasses and thought they were hilarious. I snapped a few pics and wanted to make a layout for Ellie and another for Kevin. I had a great sketch and an idea in my head, but the final layouts turned out totally different than what I had imagined. This was a happy surprise!

The colours for Ellie's layout were inspired by her blouse.
I used Electric Blue Glimmer Mist on a 12X12 Crafter's Workshop template. The embellishments are from the new Kraft Fun Day collection from My Mind's Eye. And the letters are from Dream Street Papers. I love how the border punch gives just a hint of geekiness.

The Kraft embellishments soaked up the Party Pink Glimmer Mist really well.
For Kevin's layout, I wanted a dark blue and black layout to highlight him and the glasses and to showcase that great Kraft Fun Day from MME.

The letters are Marquise thickers. I used the border punch again. Don't you just love the embellishments from the MME collection?

 Both layouts are based on this sketch by Pagemaps.
Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. love the embellishments and the fact that you used the same sketch for both that have diff feel.

    ReplyDelete