Sunday, December 4, 2011

cute cottager

I think I look best in pictures when I'm happy and especially when I'm surrounded by my family. Ellie is so pretty and she rarely takes a bad picture. During our summer vacation, she was super happy and this really came out in the photos I took. Here's my layout to my cute cottager. 
I based it on this PageMaps sketch. There's a ton of white space on this layout. It looks strange to me, but, as my friend Diane once said, white space is okay as long as it's not white. Diane's a genius!
This layout as a lot of bling. I found a nice container of pink baubles from FabScraps. Their tagline is: "Addictive Scrapping Goodness" so you know it's totally amazing.
I also blinged the paper flowers with Maya Mist in pearl.
Love the pink everywhere with yellow.

Hope you like this layout!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh,you make me blush!I may need to trademark that white space comment,lol.
    love that you were able to "go outside your comfort zone"and make it work for you.Ellie is such a ham ;) and she really is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great take on the sketch! Isn't it amazing how kids always look so good in photos? I think it's because they aren't so self concious as us adults

    ReplyDelete