Monday, November 21, 2011

splash

I have a mountain of layouts just beckoning me. It's not a chore. It's not a race. It's just fun to revisit my kids' activities from last spring and summer. And it's a bit of a rush to try a few new products.

Here is a great summer layout, if I do say so myself. This is Ellie at the splash pad at the Riverview Park & Zoo. Ah summer, how I miss thee!
I used a sketch from PageMaps. Sketches have been so good to me. Either I copy them as is or I change it up, like I did for this one. Love the big photo on this sketch. 
Bo Bunny's Barefoot & Bliss collection is just perfect for summer layouts. I also used Creative Memories paper at the bottom and made a nice edge with my EK Success punch. And there are three strands of Doodlebug twine at the top. I'll admit it: I love twine!

I tried to tie everything together with a little Wild Honey Distress Ink by Tim Holtz. 
My kids are such hams!

On the second page, I repeated the big flower and used Pink Paisley and Fancy Pants letters.

I used a new product on the flowers -- Maya Mist in Irridescent Pearl. Josee at Scrap en masse recommended it and really goes on like a dream. Love the shimmer it gives these flowers.

Hope you enjoyed this layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment