Sunday, November 27, 2011

open house

You may have guessed that my favourite colour is purple. Surprisingly, purple isn't the colour I use the most in my layouts. Green seems to have won that title. I love that this colour goes so well with girl AND boy layouts.

During my kids' school's open house, everyone was dressed in green - to celebrate the colour of our  Franco-Ontarian flag. I was pretty excited when I took these pictures because green was the main colour.

This is my super simple layout and my ode to green.
I pulled the colours from Kevin's shirt. I used green cardstock and blue buttons from my stash. The patterned paper is from Pink Paislee's Soiree and Fancy Pants' Beach Bum collections. The green pen and  the navy sticker letters are from Creative Memories and I inked the Soiree yellow polka dot paper with Old Paper Distress Ink from Tim Holtz to tone down the yellow. The journalling boxes were made with a Spellbinders Nestabilities using Close to My Heart cardstock. I inked those too with Old Paper.

You can barely see it in this photo but, because the layout was a little plain, I decided to add some stamping to spruce things up. I use the Rock Star stamp and Sweet Leaf ink from Close to My Heart.


The inspiration came from a sketch from the May/June 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes.

It's simple. It's cute. And I love it.

Hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment