Wednesday, November 9, 2011

it was a dark and scary night

I have to admit that I love Hallowe'en almost as much as the kids do. I love the decorations. Love the candy. And I love the costumes. Ellie chose her Supergirl outfit in record time and then practice her superhero poses for a week. Kevin announced he wanted to be a vampire - not the Edward kind, but a true Dracula. He worked the cape and practice his vampire stare. It was more cute than scary though.

So you can imagine that I am looking forward to scrapbooking Hallowe'en layouts. I wanted to scrap Kevin trick or treating using this Pagemap sketch, which is also part of The Scrapbox's monthly challenge. I love these challenges because the winner is chosen by a draw.
 This is what I came up with. 
I was inspired by Let's Get Shabby's monochromatic challenge. I went for black, but had to add some colour.

I used black cardstock from Close to My Heart, silver cardstock from Core'dinations, printed paper from the Happy Halloween collection by Echo Park, a a die cut paper from Kaisercraft.

Love how it turned out. Also love the pop of orange.
I punched of the circles, sanded them and inked them with Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Tim Holtz). The letters are from Echo Park and Bo Bunny.
This is page 2. Letters from Echo Park.

These challenges allow me to push the limits. For this layout, the monochromatic palette was new to me and I mixed collections. Can't wait to deliver this and hope to win the challenge or one of the draws for The Scrapbox's 4th anniversary.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment