Sunday, November 13, 2011

camp fire

Last Spring, Kevin went to his last year-end Beaver camp. Lots of pictures were taken, which means lots of layouts! I had to make page on the campfire which is an important part of almost all of the Scouts' outdoor events.

I found this great layout, but unfortunately I didn't record where it came from. If you recognize it, please let me know. I really want to give credit to the person who created this!
I liked the simplicity of this layout. This is what I created.
 The paper is from Bo Bunny's Roughin' It collection. I also used ardstock from Close to My Heart.
The letters on the first page are called Baked Brown Alphabeans from Jillibean Soup. I traced them in black so they would stand out more. I also inked the paper with Tim Holtz' Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to add consistency to the layout.
On the second page, my friend Sylvie lent me some cardstock from her stash for my journalling. I used a brown pen from Creative Memories. The sticker is from Jolee's.

I made this layout while getting ready to send my son to his first Cub camp where no parents, only leaders, were accompanying the Cubs. He was ready; I was - well, not as ready. I trusted the leaders; I trusted my son; I worried; and I felt a little sad to see him a little more grown up.  That may explain why I kept things simple and let the photos shine.

I like the results. I hope you like it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment