Sunday, October 30, 2011

bowling

At a bowling birthday party, my little girl was so cute with her friends. I used a two-page sketch from Scrapbooks Etc. because it allowed me to use a large picture. I love using big photographs to capture a moment or a feeling. The photo in this layout captures the friendship between my girl and two of her friends.
I first wanted to add some black because of the bowling theme, but the layout is more about my girl and her friends. All that pink is absolutely necessary when you're a five-year old girl! The green, yellow and turquoise in Pink Paislee's Soiree papers added a little more colour. Here is a close-up of the first page.
I love the border punch and decided to use a ton of flowers to play up the girly factor.
I think these are Prima flowers and I blinged them with Chandelier Glimmer Glam, Crystal Stickles and cute pink stick pins.

On the second page, I wanted a big flower to match the big picture. Aren't those girls super cute?
I used the same Prima flowers as on the first page to centre the big flower. The big one has a ton of Chandelier Glimmer Glam on it. Because there was so much pink, I felt Ellie wasn't highlighted as much as her friends. So I sprayed the smaller flower with Electric Blue and Lily Pad Glimmer Mists to match one of the colours on her shirt.
Hope you enjoyed the pinkness. Here's to little girls!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: unknown
Paper: Soiree (Pink Paislee)
flowers: Spellbinders and Prima (I think)
Stickles: Crystal
Glimmer Mist: Electic Blue and Lily Pad
Glimmer Glam: Chandelier
Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass
Pen: Creative Memories
Stick Pins: unknow
Letters: Jewelery Box (American Crafts Thickers)
Border Punch: EK Success

2 comments:

  1. very nice layout - and the kids look like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the touch of electric blue to match her shirt,,genius!really gives it that POP.

    ReplyDelete