Sunday, October 23, 2011

10 with natalie

I love making lists - grocery lists, to-do lists, and lists of scrapbooking layouts (I'm a bit obsessed with chronology). So you can imagine that when that I saw this great post by Stacy Julian called Top 10 with Stacy..., I had to create my own.


So here are is a list about scrapbooking and me.
_____________________________________________________________________

TEN of my scrapbooking essentials:
  • PageMaps - these great sketches give me tons of inspiration
  • beautiful patterned paper - I've pre-ordered Bo Bunny's Snowfall collection; can't wait to receive this one!!
  • heavy cardstock - the white core cardstock from Close to My Heart and Bazzill are on practically all of my layouts
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - all of the colours are great, but my favourites are Walnut Stain, Bundled Sage and Chipped Sapphire
  • Glimmer Mists - I'm a bit addicted.


  • flowers - paper, chipboard, fabric, foam - I love them in all colours. My favourite is white so I can ink, mist or stain them. Can't wait to use my Pink Paislee (Mist)able muslin flowers...
  • buttons - this is my favourite embellishments; just got some cute wooden ones
  • bling - all layouts deserve to sparkle!
  • my adhesives - love my ATG, Tombow, foam tape, micro dots and Fabri-Tac; I've never met an adhesive I didn't love...
  • Creative Memories pens - great quality at a great price; I love to journal in colour and these pens do the trick for me.
_____________________________________________________________________

NINE words I love:
Amazing, Love, Yummy, Beautiful, Great, Spirit, Wonderful, Sweet, Maman
_____________________________________________________________________

EIGHT of my coping strategies (in no particular order):

1. make lists ;-)
2. talk it out
3. call my sister
4. drink a chai latte
5. read a magazine or look at blogs or surf Facebook
6. create something beautiful
7. organize my scrapbooking supplies
8. listen to music (and sing a little)
_____________________________________________________________________

SEVEN things I love about my "every day" life:
  • Sunday - making a nice dinner for the family
  • Monday - back to work to share weekend wonders with my amazing colleagues
  • Tuesday - as my son says, this is the day to get down to business
  • Wednesday - 4th Orleans Scouts meetings for my little Beaver and my big Cub
  • Thursday - looking forward to the weekend makes me push through projects at work, scrappy stuff at home and homework with the kids
  • Friday - movie night with the kids
  • Saturday - some chores, some fun, some me time
_____________________________________________________________________

SIX places I'd love to visit before I die:
  • India
  • Morocco
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Japan
  • The Arctic
_____________________________________________________________________

FIVE things I do every day without fail:
  • tell my husband I love him before we fall asleep
  • hug my kids
  • connect with friends and relatives
  • see the silver lining
  • do something related to scrapbooking whether I'm reading blogs, organizing supplies, looking for inspiration, shopping at my favourite scrappy stores or scrapbooking
_____________________________________________________________________

FOUR stores/websites I frequent regularly:
  1. Scrap en masse
  2. Tina's Scrapbooking Creations
  3. The Scrapbox
  4. ebay
 _____________________________________________________________________

THREE photos I love:
Out of the thousands of photos on my computer, here are three of me that I love.
I love the expression on my face as I paddle in the air.

A bit of laughter a few months before my mother died.

This is happiness.
_____________________________________________________________________

TWO decisions I've never regretted:
  • having a family - I never wanted one until I met my guy Chris way back in 1996. Now I can't imagine my life without my family. 
  • keeping creativity in my life - It's always been there, sometimes buried deep down. This year, I've made a commitment to do something related to scrapbooking every day as a way to express myself creatively.
_____________________________________________________________________

ONE additional and very important thing you should know about me is...

I am an emotional fool.
_____________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked my list! Don't forget to check out Stacy Julian's blog.


1 comments:

  1. I just love this entry, Natalie! learned alot about you....!

    - Donna

    ReplyDelete